Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wesley Snipes at the Sandwich Shop? Who knew?

So, the past few days have been uneventful. Not only have I not met any new weirdos (a feat in itself,) but the old weirdos have ceased contact.

I started to get a bit worried.

I mean, really, how much fun is a dating blog if the main characteress doesn't date?

Enter yesterday.

Yesterday morning, as I realized that I had not been grocery shopping in more than a month and that I had funneled through all the emergency foodstuff supplies in my pantry and freezer, I found myself on the phone with a local deli ordering breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ten minutes later, I found myself speedily zipping through school zones (thank God for police scanners and phenomenal perephial vision) so I could pick up my wares before I had to be at work.

I rush into the deli where there is a piece of rich, gorgeous, chocolatey deliciousness waiting for me. And,as I was debaing on whether or not to purchase what was going to be a decadent piece of chocolate cheesecake in walked a guy who was mirror image of Wesley Snipes.

No, seriously. And, I mean sexy Nino Brown, Passenger 57 Wesley Snipes, not tax-evading-kinda-creepy-anti-government-hide-out-in-Africa Wesley Snipes.

I say to Snipealike, "Do you know who you look like?"
Snipealike rolls his eyes.

"You don't even know what I was going to say," I continue, with a smile.

"Let me guess...hmmmm...Wesley Snipes?" he asks.

"Um.....no...." I trail off, scanning my brain for another potential contender. But, damn, the guy looked like Wesley Snipes. "You look like....that other guy..." I say,

"OK, Jill Scott," he replies, and we both laugh.

At this point, my breakfastlunchdinner order is ready, so I pay, exit and skedaddle to the car.

As I'm not late for work, I decide that I don't have time to actually turn the car around into drive, so I throw her into reverse, and reverse out the parking spot, through the parking lot, and into the street. While this is happening, I glimpse into the rear-view mirror and I see Wesley Snipes cracking up at my inventive driving.

Like doubled over, cracking up.

At this point, there's nothing else to do but smile, so I do and wave. As I'm waving, Wesley Snipes is making the international gesture for telephone: you know, thumb and pinky extended, to form a telephone that spans the space between one's ears and mouth.

Well, what do do? Should I stop and go back to Wesley? Or, should I zip away?

Find out later. :)
Evelyn Parkside

4 comments:

  1. Watched "waiting to exhale" today, forgot Wesley Snipes was in the movie. Anyway, waiting for your update, march has been sort of slow huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yes, sadly, March has been slow. There have been some updates, though. Keep checking back over the next few days.

    I'm also thinking about starting a "throwback" section....where i write about a date I had before the experiment started. What do you think? Would you enjoy that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be great, but would you remember all the details :-P ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll remember enough...lmao...trust me, women don't forget the bad experiences :)

    ReplyDelete