Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Follow-Up

So I know you have all been waiting anxiously for me to share the details from my date this past Saturday.  You've been sitting on the edge of your virtual seats, checking the blog every hour, anticipating a new post.  Which option did I chose?  Where did we go?  Did I tell him off?

I have good news: your wait has come to an end.

So when we left off, our heroine (me) had been contacted by a former paramour regarding a date for last Saturday.  Though he had blown off the heroine-not once, but twice--more than eight months ago, he saw fit to reconnect and ask her "what happened between us?" 

He called Friday (the heroine promptly sent him to voicemail each time), asking the heroine to return his call.  He sent multiple text messages, quoting poetry and what appeared to be text from the Book of Solomon.  He demanded that she meet him on Saturday.

So, what did I do?  Well, I called back Friday evening and left a pretty non-descript voicemail message:  "Hi ___________, this is me.  I got your message, returning your call.  Please call me when you receive this."

Saturday morning:  no response.  Somewhere around noon on Saturday, I sent a text reading, "so, what's the plan?"   No response.  This is starting to look mighty familiar.  Saturday evening:  I  went through the phone and commenced to deleting all of the most recent forms of communication.  I was having dejavu.

So, somehow, I've been blown off not once, not twice but THREE times by the same man.  Somehow, I managed to fall into an alternate universe where I keep getting the shaft without the chance to tell the man--to his face--exactly what I think of him.  Somehow,  I keep getting screwed. 

Now, gentlemen, please answer this question:  What was the point?  No, seriously, what was the point?  I'm really ok not dating this person, but I have yet to understand why he keeps setting up dates with me and doing the Wesley-Snipes-IRS disappearing act.  Please advise.

So, here's the deal: I'm upper East side.  Prime real estate.  Seriously.  I'm a catch.  I'm warm, and caring and I cook.  Small children love to wrap their arms around my thighs and hips.  I'm gainfully employed.  I jog.  I've kept my fish and my aloe vera plant alive for almost a year now. I'm not on the lam from the law.  My laughter brings to mind the sound of silver bells.  I'm submissive. ish. 

What I'm not is a fool.  Or desperate.  Or unhappy.  Or worried about missing my soul mate.  Or willing to be treated as such.

What I really want at this point is to tell this man--to his face, with a smile on mine--to fuck off.





Evelyn Parkside

9 comments:

  1. I hope you went out on Saturday by your daymn self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you already know one monkey don't stop no show! I had a great time with my bbff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a man with a wife or girlfriend. He texts and calls when she's not around, and ignores his phone when she is. If I were you, I'd be reeeeeeeally tempted to post his name. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a loser. If you had the option to do so, I would just block him from texting or calling. He deserves NONE of your time, even if it is to reject him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all right. Trust, he's already been deleted from my phone. What I don't get is why he keeps setting up dates with me (I don't set up any of these excursions) and then blowing me off.

    But, at least men are predictable. He'll call again. And, I will be sure to get the last laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i stumbled across the blog and i Heart it.
    about the post, he did a lil switch aroue on you. he probably likes you but he probably has alot more females that are distracting him from settling down with you. if you were ever to Thread forward with him in persueing a relationship, i wld warn you to thread cautiously.
    you know most times, Men are like dogs, a dog sees a car, chases it for a while, if the car stops, the dog honestly wouldnt know what to do with it, most men are like that.
    i should know, im one sometimes. lol

    www.lovelife4sale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww...lovelife4sale...I heart you too. :) Thanks for the mandvice...I always welcome some insight into the male brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit late, but if (when) he does try to communicate with you again...completely ignore it. This has happened to me in the past and I don't even entertain any other tomfoolery after ONE blow off. It's a pet peeve of mine that is the RED zone on the Homeland Security Threat list, so I don't even bother with any other communication past blow off #1 because they generally end up like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another male opinion on the issue. One thing about closure is that we always want closure on OUR terms. WE want to make sure our agenda is achieved and that we get out what we want, in order to purge ourselves and move on. I think he sensed that, and he realized he could keep you on a string by repeatedly breaking dates, while keeping you coming back for more. I'm sure he thinks that he's "got" you, and you're his "backup plan" in case the woman/women he really wants to spend time with flakes out on him.

    ReplyDelete